Leather Edge Bevelers For Sale
Bruce Johnson Leatherwork
PO Box 125
Oakdale, CA 95361
Phone (209) 845-2315
Cell (209) 505-3621
Edge Bevelers - are used to take off the square edges on leather. Larger size number tools will round the edges more. Please consider that size numbers are not standard. The newer makers like Craftool and some Osborne styles are smaller in the same number than some of these listed. Feel free to contact me for any questions regarding appropriate sizes. Please click on the thumbnail pictures to see them in a larger view and the written descriptions and prices.
Bisonette Edgers- are used to round over the edge or bevel the edges of leatherwork. They have a round hole sharpened front and back to cut on the pull or push stroke.
Round Bottom Edgers are used to round over the edges of leather and will have the longest life, as well as being easiest to maintain the cutting edge. Most will also do a tight inside curve like on a belt slot.
Vizzard Edge Bevelers - were made by Gomph. They have a rounded cutting edge profile similar to a round bottom edge but have an octagonal shank and slightly more drop in the shank.
Other types of edge bevelers that are used to trim the sharp corners from the edges of leather. There are several variations besides the previously listed bisonette edgers and the round bottom edgers.
Edge Shaves - are a European tool that cut a flat profile for edge beveling. They have a longer life, are easier to sharpen, and have better edge retention than the flat edge bevelers commonly sold in the US.
- My Leather Tool Collection - History In The Hand
- Leather Tool Maker History
- Leather Carving and Stamping Tools For Sale
- Knives And Other Handled Cutting Tools For Sale
- Strap Cutting Tools - Plough Gauges and Draw Gauges
- Leather Bench Machines - Splitters, Skivers, and Rein Rounders
- Leather Stitch Markers - Overstitchers and Pricking Wheels For Sale
- Leather Stitch Groovers and Channelers For Sale
- Leather Edge Bevelers For Sale
- Leather French Edgers and Gouges For Sale
- Leatherworking Hammers and Pliers
- Single Line Leather Creasing Tools For Sale
- Leather Ticklers and Embossers For Sale
- Double Line Leather Creasers For Sale
- Leather Strap End Punches - Pinking, Round End, and English Point Punches For Sale
- Leather Concho Punches, Slot Punches, and Hole Punches
- Nail Cups, Awls, Dividers, and Miscellaneous Leather Tools
- Wooden Slickers, Bouncers, Smashers, and Burnishers
- Shoe and Boot Making Tools For Sale