Draw and Plough Gauges 

Draw gauges are used to cut leather strips. The draw gauges are from American makers such as CS Osborne, HF Osborne, and once in a while draw gauges from Henry Sauerbier and others. They have all of the gibs/shims and all come with a new re-profiled and sharpened blade. Plough gauges are a European origin tool used to cut straps. They are used in a pushing motion. The blade is in line with the handle and will cut wider straps more easily than a draw gauge. These come from fine European makers like Dixon, Blanchard, Vergez-Blanchard, and Mayer-Flamery.

Draw Gauges

CS Osborne Draw Gauge Blades and Small Parts

You know those little shims that are always missing when you buy a used draw gauge? I have them. With my business of refurbishing it is usually hard to find the amount I needed. Most dealers didn't stock them and if they did - two here, three there. It was hard to sell any spares because I was needing them. I've got them stocked now and for sale. I am also selling draw gauge blades. I am selling the blades two ways. I am selling them  "stock" as they come from CS Osborne. I am also selling them sharpened and the pointed tip rounded over for safety. These sharp and rounded blades are the same ones I provide with my refurbished vintage draw gauges. For more information on why I do that, please read the Draw Gauge tutorial on the Tutorial page of the website. 

Plough Gauges

Plough gauges are a European origin strap cutting tool. I don't always have these on hand and usually there is a bit of a waiting list for them.